Cooks in 40 mins
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, (30g)
- olive oil
- 320 g large raw shell-on king prawns, from sustainable sources
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½-1 fresh red chilli
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint, (15g)
- ½ a red onion
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 cucumber
- 100 g feta
- 8 rashers of higher-welfare smoked pancetta or streaky bacon
- Put wooden skewers in cold water for 10 minutes before prepping your skewers to stop them burning when placed on the BBQ.
- Grate the zest of one lemon in a large bowl before squeezing in its juice. Grind peeled garlic into a rough paste with a pinch of black pepper and salt. Tear half of the parsley leaves and smash them together. Add it all to the bowl with the lemon zest with one tablespoon of oil.
- Remove the heads off the prawns and peel the shells, whilst leaving the tails intact. Pull out the vein in the back to butterfly them. Toss the prawn into the marinade you made, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the prawns are marinating, prep your salad. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice onto a platter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Finely chop as much chilli to taste, add the remaining parsley and the mint leaves. Slice the red onion into fine slices and toss into the dressing to ensure it is fully coated.
- Remove the peel and rind off the watermelon. Chop the flesh into strips 1 ½ cm thick then dice into 1cm cubes. Discard any seeds and add it to the platter with the onions and herbs.
- Roughly chop the cucumber and feta into 1cm chunks and add them to the platter, toss them around with your hands to mix the salad together and coat all the ingredients in the dressing.
- Skewer up the prawns by alternating between a prawn and piece of pancetta or streaky bacon, don’t pack them on too tightly as this will affect them cooking through.
- Cook the skewers on a hot BBQ for approx. 3 minutes on each side, or until the bacon has crisped up and the prawns are pink. Serve with the salad and dig in!